Friday, June 15, 2012

Day One Hundred Sixty-Seven: "Big Inches" by Ralph Robert Moore

Intrusion.

A man is stopped in his vehicle and subjected to a search. Then he is taken to a sort of jail it seems where a search of his person ensues. Then, the man is searched piece by teach, has his hair shaved off, his teeth pulled, etc until when the story ends, his heart is all that is left and even then, nothing can be found in it.

Talk about a strange story that I couldn't stop reading. I didn't want to finish it but I couldn't help myself, sensing that on a metaphorical level, there was meaning to this disgusting madness. I was left with a sense of "ewwwww" and to that end, the story was successful in that it was memorable for sure.

EWWW!!!

A link to the story online is below:

http://www.ralphrobertmoore.com/biginches.pdf

No comments: