Wednesday, November 30, 2011

how can I explain it???

Coincidence: a remarkable concurrence of events without explanation


This needs to be broken down a bit for me to properly address the situation.


Remarkable: striking, noteworthy

Concurrence: simultaneousness

Explanation: a statement or account that makes something clear

hmmmm...yeah, I'm scratching my head too and here's why

In the fourth novel I wrote...the main female character is named Stephanie Friedman...and the novel centers around whether she will make a fateful flight back to her small town in Florida for a funeral...it's a long story but bear with me.

So, I'm in the Denver airport this past Friday and I'm waiting in the line for security when over the loud speakers I hear:

"Stephanie Friedman, please report to your gate. Your flight is departing in 5 minutes. Stephanie Friedman. Please report to your gate at this time. Your flight will be departing shortly."

I was floored. It was her name, the exact name and it was the setting, the exact setting in which my character found herself and which serves as the crux of the novel. Coincidence? Absolutely...without explanation? Maybe not. I'm looking at this as a sign to step up my efforts to get that novel published. At the very least, I'll have a great story to share with my readers once it's all said and done.


For now, I'm still mulling it over, finding it hard to believe even if I can fashion a hopeful explanation.

No comments: